Upcoming Duathlons

>> Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm looking at 3 upcoming races:

• Falls Duathlon, April 27. This is a "maybe" right now. Matt and I may go down and do this race together. (Together individually, not together as a team.) We've loved this race in past years - we did it 3 years in a row before missing it last year.


Me, Ross, and Matt in 2011.


Soaked and nearly nude post-race 2011.


Matt even CLOSER to nude post-race 2011.


• Cinco Du Mayo Duathlon, May 4. Pharmie and I are both registered for this one! I'm doing the short course (2 mile, 10 mile, 2 mile) and Pharmie's doing the long course (5K, 20 mile, 5K). Matt's fiancĂ©e might be doing it with us too. I did this race for the first time last year, and it was a blast. Here are 3 photos from my race report last year:


Finishing the first run in FIRST PLACE! (My first lead in a multisport race!)


Coming to the line 2nd overall. (My best multisport finish - it's a small race.)
I'd love to shoot for top-5 again this year!


I couldn't stick around for the massive taco feed last year, but we'll make sure
to stick around this year! It smelled SOOOO good!


• Gear West Duathlon, May 19. Matt and I have teamed up for this since 2008 (except for last year). This year, I'm teaming up with Pete as "Team Itchy and Scratchy" and taking on pro-triathlete Devon Palmer's team. (See the trash talk in yesterday's post.) Here are a few photos from my race report in 2011:


Leading out the first run.


Matt finishing his ride.


Coming to the finish as the 1st place team (2nd is just back there in the yellow!).


So look for us out-and-about at these races! Now, I need to get on my bike a few more times before racing on her... or this could be ugly...

2 comments:

Jumper 2.0 6:25 PM, April 11, 2013  

Steve, have you noticed that you often bring your left arm across your body more than your right? I wonder if you have one hip weaker than the other? Don't get me wrong, my form can be critiqued like mad, just found it interesting.
Have fun racing. I'm running the Fargo 1/2 mary and New Brighton Tri to start off this year.

Steve Stenzel 7:13 AM, April 12, 2013  

Jumper, I think you're right. I've had some hip issues, and I've been doing some PT moves to strengthen my hips and butt. Good luck at Fargo!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.