Two Honest Selfies

>> Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I snapped 2 photos at the gym on Monday after my run:


10:15 a.m.


10:17 a.m.

That's how I feel lately.

I've been lifting a lot in the last 4-5 months, and I'm putting on some more muscle. See that shoulder in the first photo? I've NEVER had that before! And that photo was from just after running - not after lifting where I'd maybe look a little more "jacked."

But as that 2nd photo shows, I also have a bit more chub than I usually have. I've been eating better overall, but I've been snacking more. I'm up about 5 pounds from where I was last year. Yes, some of that might be muscle (even on my legs from the exercises I posted about on Monday), but there's plenty of extra chub too.

I was going to instagram those 2 photos together...



... but I didn't have the guts to post that to everyone I know on Instagram. (Like former students and lots of friends who don't read my blog.) But to keep things honest, I felt like posting it here.

We'll see if I can work on cutting out some of the excess snacks. I'm not cutting out everything - ooooooh noooooo. But I can be a LITTLE better / smarter / healthier.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  8:45 AM, March 26, 2014  

I feel your pain. After a LOOOOONG winter I'm finding those few extra pounds resting gleefully around my waist as well. Time to make some changes and back down to fighting weight for beach season

Carolina John 12:40 PM, March 26, 2014  

I totally get that. The extra chub just doesn't want to go away. I keep telling myself that someday I'll find the magic combination to get rid of it, but who knows if that day will ever come.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.