Sweet, Sweet Justice!

>> Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Nov/Dec "RunMinnesota" magazine recently showed up in the mail:


Molly Huddle on the cover smashing the female TC 10 Mile record (she ran it in 51:44).

My name is listed twice in the back under their race results - I always kinda like to see my name back there. First, it's in the overall results for the TC 10K: they published the top 30 finishers:



Notice I was listed right behind Evan who beat me at all 3 "Loony" races back in October:


Me and Evan at the 10K finish.

So I had to laugh when I saw the TC 5K results in RunMinnesota. Evan beat me by 2 seconds in that race, but he started way behind me, so his CHIP time was faster than me. But RunMinnesota (and the Minnesota Distance Running Association) counts race times the "official" way: by the GUN time. So in the 5K results, I was listed in front of Evan, AND I was listed as 30th place, so Evan got cut from the results:



Oh I was so happy. Take THAT, friendly race buddy who's just a bit faster than me! :)

p.s. I'm not going to mention that Evan was 3rd in his age group and that "RunMinnesota" publishes the top-10 in each age group too. So I won't have to mention that his name DID get published for the 5K as well. Nope. Not going to mention that.

p.p.s. Here are my posts from this year's "Loony Challenge" in case you missed them: my 10K and 5K race reports, my TC 10 Mile race report, the final Loony Challenge standings (also with finish line video screenshots that show Evan and I), my official photos from the 3 races, and final Loony Challenge thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.