Winter PR and Racing With My Boys This Weekend

>> Thursday, March 10, 2016

First of all, I went on a long ride yesterday morning. I did a 30 mile ride that had 3x5 mile efforts in it. (There was a bit of a breeze: my "out," "back," and then "out" again intervals averaged 19.2 mph, 22.7 mph, and 19.4 mph. Nothing fantastic, but OK for a damp, dark, mid-March ride.) That ride put me at 101 outdoor miles ON MY TRI BIKE for 2016. That's the quickest I've ever hit triple digits. I didn't get outside in January, but then I had 1 long ride in February, and now 3 rides already in March. For some people, that's nothing. But for me, that's quite good. I have no intention of slowing down with regards to my biking. (And I need to do more HIGHER EFFORTS now that we're nearing duathlon season.)

[UPDATE: I almost forgot, but I should also mention that I hit 100+ running miles for the year on March 1st. That's the fastest that I've ever done that, too!]

Secondly, I'm ready to race this Saturday morning! It will be my first race WITH BOTH BOYS, and it will be at the MDRA's Lake Johanna 4 Mile. I've raced with Henry in the stroller a number of times, but this will be the first with both of them in the double stroller. Here's Henry and I before the 2013 Lake Johanna 4 Miler:



Pharmie and I did this race pre-kids in 2010, and then I did it in back-to-back years with Henry in the stroller in 2012 and 2013. My only real "race goal" is to not get injured. I'd love to try to run 6s, but I don't think I can do that pushing a DOUBLE stroller. (My last 2 races there with just Henry were around 6s: 23:48 and 24:10.)

I think I'll be racing another Dad. Jared (hubby of a friend of my wife's) has a daughter about Charlie's age, and is a bit slower than me at most races. Our kids will serve as our "handicap:" his 1 child won't slow him down as much as my 2 children, so we'll see who's faster. No pressure, just a fun "Dad-off."

So on Saturday morning/afternoon, keep an eye on my tweets and my instagram pics for updates! Race is late morning. Wish us luck!

1 comments:

Jeremy Reichenberger 10:04 AM, March 10, 2016  

Ha! Jared was telling me about this on a run the other weekend! Have fun!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.