A Big Weekend: Games, a Short Flight, and a Tiny Ass

>> Monday, June 27, 2016

We've had some full weekends lately. Two weekends ago, we were camping in WI for 3 days. And this past weekend, I took the boys "back home" for a few fun things.

First was my wife's hometown celebration called "Friendship Day:"


Henry's first pedal pull. He was clearly last in his age group. But he had fun!


Putt-putt with my Mother-in-Law. (Also: note this 4 second video I posted on Instagram.)


Skee Ball. Henry made a haul of crappy $0.10 prizes.


Having a snack under the tent with my Mom.


Running into Grandpa's corn on a windy afternoon.

The next morning, the local airport with its short grass runway had its "Fly In Breakfast" where they serve all kinds of tasty breakfast food and give airplane rides. I'd only been up in a small plane like that once before. So Henry and I decided to go for a ride:


Welcome to a small town: where your pilot is also your insurance guy. Thanks for the ride, Mark!


Selfie in the backseat as we taxied to the end of the runway.


Watching another plane land as we waited to take off.


Taking off over the airport!


My hometown of about 2400.


Southern MN countryside.


Our pilot started to text and fly! Just kidding - he was getting his camera phone ready
for the other rider in the front seat so he could snap some photos of his place from above.


My parents home.


"The farm" where I grew up. I built soooo many forts in that grove!

After our flight, we got packed up and swung out to see my in-laws again. There was a horse show going on at the "Farming of Yesteryear" site, and my in-laws are a big part of that.


Henry feeding a team of horses with my Mother-in-Law.
(We learned that Charlie is afraid of horses.)


Henry scratching his tiny ass.


My saw is bigger than your saw.


On a big engine with their buddy Alex.


Both boys climbed on this tractor for 15 minutes.


Saying goodbye to the tiny donkey.

The boys slept well for the 2 hour ride back home. They were pooped. (So was Daddy.)

Well, back to PT this afternoon. As I posted yesterday, I really feel like things have stalled, so I'll report back with any new news from her. Have a good week!

1 comments:

Shinianen 7:09 PM, July 02, 2016  

I like the tiny ass. :-D lol

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.