Three Weeks of Lots of Running

>> Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Over the last 3 weeks, I quietly stuck in the best “running streak” I’ve had in probably a year. I had every-other day runs for three weeks. Here’s how my training calendar looks with my running highlighted:


(Nov 28th and Dec 9 were 1/4 mile runs with the stroller part way to school
as to not make Henry late - those don’t count towards my streak.)

Since July (when I started my “back to running” program), I think I’ve only had 1 or 2 weeks prior to this month where I haven’t had a Wed/Fri/Sun run. That’s been my normal 3x/week running, with then a 2 day rest on Mon and Tues. Well, when I realized my wife and 2-year-old were going to be gone Dec 5 - 8, I figured I could maybe more easily fit in runs on days where it’s usually harder to do. So I started a hopeful streak at the end of November, telling myself that I’d easily break the streak if something hurt or ached or if I just needed an extra day of rest.

Everything ended up feeling pretty good, and I didn’t have any major issues finishing my mini-streak. Each weekend had a 7+ mile run as well - my 3 longest runs since March. Now for a slightly easier/shorter week (because of Christmas). Happy training!

Oh, and Robert at Element Wellness Group has been keeping me going with acupuncture. This week, he laid off the back a bit and did some trigger points on my arm (and head, and legs):


Thanks Robert!

p.s. Over those 3 weeks of running, I ran 18.5, 18.5, and 23.5 miles (because that last week was 4 runs, not 3). Usually I LOVE to be at 20-25 miles/week, but I've been stalled out here around 16-18 miles/week since building my miles back up. After an easier/shorter Christmas week, I think I'll be ready to start adding a bit more to my distance. We'll see...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.