Half Marathon Stroller World Record

>> Wednesday, February 08, 2017

My multisport “race buddy” Suzie Fox was in Florida this past weekend spending time with her sister and her niece and nephew. She raced a half marathon while she was there, and posted this on Facebook:


Her caption: ”We did it! My niece, nephew & I lowered the Guinness World Record
for Female Half Marathon Pushing A Double Stroller from 1:49:23 to 1:47:51.
Pushing 106 lbs total up the causeways was soooooooo HARD!!!!!!!”


NICE! CONGRATS SUZIE!!

When I raced the Lake Johanna 4 Miler last year with both boys, I figured our double stroller and 2 boys weighed about 102-104 lbs. (And the same goes for our Thanksgiving morning 5K with my son and nephew.) And as Suzie noted, it’s work on the hills!

Here are 2 more photos that Suzie’s sister posted before and during the race:


Pre-race.


At mile 9 with both kids sleeping. As I’ve noted
many times before, kids are unimpressed with speed. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.