Last Week's Training = Happiness!

>> Monday, February 20, 2017

My training last week IS FINALLY LOOKING LIKE SOMETHING!!



That's 3 runs, 2 swims, and 2 outdoor tri-bike rides IN MID FEBRUARY. Sure, the runs are short as I'm coming back from that little knee issue, but I'm still SO HAPPY with this week! Here's a quick breakdown:

• MONDAY: Easy/moderate run on the track at the Y.

• TUESDAY: 3x500 at the Hamline pool between classes, averaging 7:34/500 (just under 1:31/100 pace). Post-workout, I tweeted this:



• WEDNESDAY: Short, easy run because I wanted to bike long the next day. Being smart!

• THURSDAY: Long 26 mile ride! First ride outside on Eiffel (my "new" tri bike) this year after going out with my old tri bike "Goldilocks" the weekend before. A big icy puddle on Big River's Trail helped dictate my turnaround point:



• FRIDAY: Moderate 5 mile run on the track at the Y. Knee is holding up well!

• SATURDAY: 6x200 in the pool, with 20 sec rest: 2:59/200 average.

• SUNDAY: Moderate ride, moderate distance. It was 55 degrees when I headed out around noon! In February! In Minnesota! I didn't wear gloves, but I still wore tights mainly to help keep my knee a bit warmer/looser. It's now state law in Minnesota that if a motorist hits me and claims he/she didn't see me, they are deemed legally blind:


In other news, I NEED A NAME FOR THESE TIGHTS! HELP!

Post-ride, I tweeted this:



I actually had to keep myself from biking more (being I want to do a hard "time trial" effort ride tomorrow). I held a 21.0 mph average on this ride through mile 20, before easing up for the last 3 miles!

This week, I hope to run on the same days, but then swap the days I bike and swim, so I still hope to have another good training week. After a SUPER warm week this past week, they're saying we could get a nasty snow storm this weekend. Dang. I guess we're not out of it yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.